Looking behind the curtain via formal education studying a Bachelor of Business Administration and Marketing at Southern Cross University near Byron Bay, and asking questions has helped me understand more about the influence and power of marketing in all aspects of society. Connecting people by communication is a strong point of mine and I want to be a key player in this process and use my deeper knowledge to help bring authenticity and honesty into business.
My final semester at University was a great success and although I was invited into the Honours program, I have chosen to enter the business world again so that I can immediately apply what I have learned.
Recently completing a Bachelor of Business Administration with a specific focus on Marketing, I was able to achieve High Distinction Marks in Digital Marketing, Services Marketing, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Marketing Principles. The professional experience and exposure gained via travel and living abroad aided immensely in my studies.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Starred in Hitchhikers’s Guide to the Galaxy live theatre 3-week performance run.
- Facilitated customer service program training in National Parks.
- Consistently chosen to train as a “SuperUser” of POS and CRM systems.
- Participated in designing and implementing a 4 star hospitality standard program at The Ahwahnee.
- Liaised with domestic and international filmmakers to coordinate film submissions at Byron Bay Film Festival.
- Created the most innovative marketing project in Marketing Principles, earning a High Distinction and award nomination for the FishTank Garden.
- Project managed deadlines with short-term 4pm daily check-ins in hotels, university coursework, and end of month and end of financial year closing procedures whilst in accounting.
Alstonville Poultry Farm, www.alstonvillepoultryfarm.com.au
Website, Marketing, and Redevelopment for Family Farm 03/13 – Current
- Doubled distribution via marketing communication tactics.
- Conducting Primary Research to determine position and branding.
- Managed and completed website redevelopment project.
- Applying University theory and coursework for family business improvements.
To Health By Choice, www.tohealth.com.au
Social Media Marketer & Administrator – Semester Break 10/12-11/12
- Updated and aligned company mission statement.
- Sold juicers and other products business-to-business from inbound calls.
- Conducted Contest on Facebook to drive and establish awareness of social media.
Byron Bay Film Festival, www.bbff.com.au
Submissions Coordinator Volunteer 10/11-03/12
- Researched and created connections with filmmakers and distribution companies worldwide.
- Corresponded with 900+ filmmakers at each stage of the selection process.
- Worked closely with Festival Director to ensure clear communication.
- Collaborated with Birch, Carroll & Coyle for all Lismore events.
- Presented Awards at Byron Bay Community Centre.
Delaware North Corporation www.delawarenorth.com 6/98-6/07
Accounting Manager 01/06-06/07
Delaware North Parks and Resorts at Grand Canyon Accounting Department working with 3 General Stores.
- Produced Weekly Operating Report. Assisted in Budgeting for 2007.
- Revenue and Reporting: Audited and Ensured Accurate Daily Sales Reporting.
- Accounts Payable: Audited and Approved all Invoices, Processing and Ageing.
- Accounts Receivable: Produced Monthly Billing, Chargebacks, and Ageing.
- Oversaw Cash Operations and Revenue Auditing of a $16 million property.
- Managed 1 Office Supervisor and 3 Cash Operations Associates.
- Interim Human Resources Manager: Conduct Orientation & Training, Documentation.
Delaware North Parks and Resorts at Yosemite, www.yosemitepark.com
Delaware North Parks and Resorts at Yosemite Accounting Department working with 30+ different departments ranging from Retail, Food and Beverage to Support Services.
- Worked with Corporate Accounting to approve payments for vendors.
- Accounts Payable: Invoice Auditing, Processing and Ageing.
- Accounts Receivable: Billing, Guest Questions, Chargebacks, and Ageing.
- Ensured accurate Revenue Auditing of a $150 million property.
- Managed 8 Accounting Auditors in a union environment.
The Ahwahnee is a four diamond historic hotel located in the heart of Yosemite National Park; it is the crown jewel of lodging in the National Park system; Member of Historic Hotels of America. Average RevPar $600+; ADR $396+; Occupancy 95%; 93 Standard Rooms, 6 Suites, 24 Cottages.
Photo Gallery available at: http://www.yosemitepark.com/ahwahnee-photo-gallery.aspx
The Ahwahnee, Front Office Manager 12/03-07/05
- Built and Implemented Hotel Packages to Maximize RevPAR.
- Forecasted Revenue and Occupancy.
- Collaborated and implemented a Guest Recognition Program.
- Implemented a Guest Recovery System and Communication System.
- Collaborated and Implemented telephone Express Service
- Implemented a 15-minute call back after check-in and housekeeping requests.
- Implemented and audited for the Four Diamond LRA Requirements
- Facilitated and fostered customer service initiative GuestPath at the hotel.
- Empowered associates to take care of each and every guest.
- Trained, managed, scheduled, and counseled 24 associates including assistant managers, front desk clerks, bellmen and doormen in a union environment.
Wawona Hotel and Golf Resort is a picturesque property with a late 1800’s ambiance. Opened in 1879 it is a National Historic Landmark; Member of Historic Hotels of America.
Photo Gallery available at: http://www.yosemitepark.com/wawona-hotel-photo-gallery.aspx
Wawona Hotel, Dining Room and Beverage Manager 04/03-12/03
- Increased the beverage revenue by $40,000.
- Compiled a weekly Menu Mix; Utilised Menu Engineering to adjust pricing.
- Continuously kept beverage costs under plan by 3-4%.
- Operated a 230-seat dining room offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Trained, managed, scheduled, and counselled a staff of 35 food and beverage associates including assistant managers, servers, bussers, cashiers and hosts.
Wawona Hotel, Front Office Manager 08/00-04/03
- Compiled weekly forecasts to help build revenue.
- Reconciled hotel wide payroll nightly and weekly.
- Designed and implemented an Employee Incentive Program.
- Cross-trained in the Housekeeping Department and the Dining Room.
- Trained, managed, scheduled and counselled 8 front desk associates including night auditors.
Telephone Sales Representative, Central Reservations Office Jun ’98- May ’00
- Sold vacation reservations and packages for Yosemite National Park.
- Consistently rated within the top percent of room nights sold.
Southern Cross University, www.scu.edu.au 02/12-graduation 10/13
- Bachelor’s of Business Administration – Marketing
Western International University, www.west.edu 02/05-06/06
- Completed Courses in the Bachelor of Arts Degree Program
CERTIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- UniMentor at Southern Cross University, 2013
- High Distinction and Highest Ranking Student, Marketing Principles at SCU, 2013
- Pearson Award Nominee for Marketing at SCU, 2013
- Byron Bay Film Festival Host Lismore Events, 2012
- Byron Bay “Face of Voyeur” Fashion Show, 2011
- Regional Development Australia Finalist: Gift for the Future, 2010
- Manager of the Month for DNC P&R, 2004
- GuestPath Facilitator (Corporate Customer Service Program)
- KRONOS SuperUser (Time and Attendance System)
- Micros SuperUser (Food and Beverage Point of Sale System)
- AHLA Certified Front Desk Representative
- Rotarian, Rotary International, District 5220, 2005